We understand that getting a loan for your business can be a complex process, so we’re here to help explain how we determine eligibility for SAPI Loans. We evaluate your business as a whole, considering multiple factors to ensure that you can afford loan repayments. While meeting one or more eligibility factors is important, it does not guarantee eligibility, as all criteria must be satisfied.
To assess eligibility, we perform daily anonymised affordability assessments and generate a pre-assessed amount for eligible businesses to encourage them to apply for our loans. The following factors are considered in our assessments:
- Location: Your business must be based in a country where SAPI operates. If you're not sure whether we operate in your location, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Age of Business (as per Company house or local register): Your business must have been registered for at least 12 months.
- Trading History on SAPI's Partner's platform: Your business must have a minimum of 3 months of activity history with a platform with which SAPI has a partnership, and the business must remain active during this time.
- Minimum Revenue Threshold on the platform: Your business must generate a minimum of £500 in monthly revenue on the platform.
- Transaction Frequency: Your business must meet our requirements for transaction frequency on our Partner's platform.
- Prohibited Merchant Category Codes (MCCs): Your business must not fall into SAPI's list of prohibited MCCs.
These eligibility criteria mean a business can only apply for SAPI loans where it can be demonstrated that loan repayments are affordable for the term of the loan. Each loan application is evaluated individually, and the financial ability to repay the loan is of utmost importance. If your business meets our eligibility criteria, you can receive a pre-assessed amount of up to 20% of your revenue on our Partner's platform.
We hope this helps you understand our eligibility criteria better. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team. We are always here to assist you.